HALLETT CENTER UPDATES
*Please read & scroll down for the sign up links!
- Updates on Executive Orders: On February 13, 2020 the Governor issued Executive Order 21-07 that offered some limited modifications that minimally impacted the Hallett Center. The only change for us was a return to 6′ social distancing in the fitness center. We continue to ask for compliance with this from our patrons. We plan on leaving the 4 pieces of cardio equipment in the conference room for the time being.
- Sauna: There have been a lot of questions regarding when the sauna will re-open. Under Pool Requirements of Executive Order 21-07 (link above) “Spa pools may open, but steam rooms and saunas must remain closed until further notice.” We will notify the membership if this changes.
- Online Registration Issues: Please understand that the Sign Up Genius is the mechanism we use to manage the flow of users accessing the facility. When signing up for a slot at the fitness center or pool, it is important that you, or you and family members, sign up for the slots you are going to use. It is inappropriate to sign up a family member for a slot they are not going to use so you can have a longer workout. We have been very generous in extending time for members on a case by case basis depending on how many people are in the fitness center. Abuse of this is considered a violation of the membership agreement and may result in suspension of membership.
- Clean Shoes: We continue to remind our patrons to bring a clean pair of shoes for use in the fitness center. We have plenty of coat racks, tables and chairs in the hallway for people to change shoes. It is important to understand that the fitness equipment is very difficult to clean and sand/salt/dirt reduces the lifespan dramatically. We have outstanding equipment and want to have the opportunity to keep it in good repair. Please help us keep our equipment in good repair!
- Lapsed Memberships: If your membership is 60 days overdue, we have to consider it lapsed in our system. When your membership lapses, we are required to charge the full $50 activation fee per the Membership Agreement. Much like any other membership program, the Hallett Center has administrative expenses that the public generally does not see. We need our patrons to understand that we must have policies in place to ensure continuity of business functions and the costs of maintaining memberships.
- Cancellation of Memberships: Per the membership agreement, we ask that members notify us in writing (email is sufficient), 30 days in advance of cancelling a membership.
- Putting a Membership on Hold: For members that are in the area seasonally or travelling we offer an option to put your membership on hold for up to 4 months. We require you to stop in and complete Membership Request for Hold form and pay the $35 administration fee to maintain your membership.
- Medical Membership Hold: If you have a medical condition that prevents you from using the Hallett Center, you can request a Medical Hold. We ask that your medical provider sends us a simple note requesting that your membership be put on a medical hold. The administration fee is waived and there is no time limit on a medical hold.
- Food Box Distribution: The Farrmers to Families food box distribution moved to the Hallett Center as of this week from Immanuel Lutheran Church in Crosby. We anticipate that this will continue throughout the spring. Please be patient with increased traffic at the Hallett Center on Tuesday’s between 8:30 AM and 3:30 PM. We are working with the Crosby Police Department to ensure smooth flow of traffic on these days.
February 2021 Sign Up’s
Click on the image below!
Please be patient with the Hallett Center staff as we navigate through these challenging times. We will do our absolute best to provide the most accurate information as we receive it. Thank You!
The Hallett Community Center exists to enrich the lives of the people we serve by promoting health, wellness and recreational opportunities for the region including Crosby-Ironton, Brainerd, Aitkin, Bay Lake, Garrison, in north central Minnesota.
For the more information regarding classes, activities, and programs find us on Facebook.
Call during regular business hours for information: 218-546-2616.