HALLETT CENTER UPDATES
October 22, 2021
- Hallett Center is Hiring: As most folks are aware, finding great staff has been more challenging this year more than ever! Despite this we are optimistic that there are some great candidates out there looking for an fun part-time position. Current vacancies are listed above in the picture. Benefits include a free gym membership, flexible hours and a work environment that is never the same two days in a row! Apply today at HealthFitness Careers!
- Covid19 Updates: The CDC is reporting 16% positivity rate over the last 14 day average days in Crow Wing County. This number is very high and of concern and the third largest spike since this all began. We strongly encourage mask use & social distancing as a preventative measure to avoid exposure. Since the Governor’s peacetime executive order has expired, we cannot mandate mask use, but we would ask that you be respectful of those who choose to. We are all in this together and want to ensure safety in our facility.
- John Spalj Ice Arena: The ice is officially in and will open for public skating the weekend of 10/22/2021! See the above flier for details! Additionally, we have posted youth hockey schedules, with our friends from the Northern Lakes Youth Hockey Association, on the Ice Arena page of our website!
- Group Fitness Classes: All group fitness classes are listed below! Descriptions of classes can be found HERE! Because of space availability, we ask that all members use the Sign Up Genius links below. Due to some variations in availability of instructors, please check the dates/times carefully before signing up. Since space is limited, please call us if you cannot make it to a session. Most classes have a waiting list of people wanting to get in.
- Swimming Lessons: We are currently looking for lifeguards & swimming instructors. Once we get some great staff, we will commence swimming lessons this fall & winter. We will announce the return of swim lessons as soon as we have instructors on-board.
- Walk With A Doc: The Walks are now weekly & occur every Wednesday starting at 4:30pm. Cuyuna Regional Medical Center is encouraging area residents to take a step toward better health by participating in Walk with a Doc, a health program that brings doctors and patients together to walk and be part of an active, healthy community.
- Give to the Max 2021: Every year we work hand in hand with the Hallett Community Center Foundation. This group of dedicated volunteers have been committed to the facility since the doors were opened in 1999. The largest fundraising event the Foundation participates in is Give to the Max. Each year, the Foundation asks for donations dedicated to the Hallett Center building. Recent projects completed include the technology upgrade to the conference room, remodel of the group fitness studio and the new 24 hour key fob system. Donations during this time have a match from generous contributors including the Hallett Trusts. Consider supporting the Hallett Community Center Foundation with your generous, tax deductible donation. Online donations can be given HERE or stop by to pick up an envelope!
- Silver Sneakers Lost ID Card: We all lose something now and then! Just as a reminder, you can enter your name & date of birth manually on our Silver Sneakers tablet. If you need a replacement card, you can call 1-866-584-7389 to request a new one to be sent to you.
Please be patient with the Hallett Center staff as we navigate through these challenging times. We will do our absolute best to provide the most accurate information as we receive it. Thank You!
The Hallett Community Center exists to enrich the lives of the people we serve by promoting health, wellness and recreational opportunities for the region including Crosby-Ironton, Brainerd, Aitkin, Bay Lake, Garrison, in north central Minnesota.
For the more information regarding classes, activities, and programs find us on Facebook.
Call during regular business hours for information: 218-546-2616.