HALLETT CENTER UPDATES
August 1, 2021
- Walk With A Doc: Cuyuna Regional Medical Center is encouraging area residents to take a step toward better health by participating in Walk with a Doc, a health program that brings doctors and patients together to walk. Participants will gather in the Hallett Community Center parking lot for a brief introduction. Following everyone will head to the paved Cuyuna Country State Recreation Trails near the Croft Mine to walk at their own pace. The Walk is open to the community; participation is free, and no registration is required. Walkers will enjoy a refreshing and rejuvenating walk with healthcare professionals, who will provide support to participants and answer questions about exercise and nutrition during the Walk. The Walks start at 4:30pm and are self-paced. Upcoming dates are 8/4, 8/18, 9/1, 9/15, 10/6, 10/20, 11/3, 11/17, 12/1 & 12/15
- 24 Hour Access Key: We have transitioned to our new 24 hour key access system. All previous 24 hour keys are now de-activated. If you would like access to the fitness center outside the normal hours, the initial cost of the fob is $8 and $8 per month recurring charge on you membership. As a friendly reminder, the 24 hour access is for the membership holder. All after hour access is under surveillance and members bringing in guests will be considered in violation of their membership agreement.
- Arena Rentals: We can host your event, trade show or club gathering in the John Spalj Arena between April and October. Please contact the manager for rental options and rates.
- Sauna: The sauna has been re-opened as of 7/15/2021. We know many of our members are thrilled that it is back. Just a reminder that those with medical conditions should be careful with the amount of time they are in the sauna!
- Parent Tot Swim Lessons: We are wrapping up Parent Tot Swim Lessons for the summer. Our hope is to continue to offer this program this fall based on instructor availability.
- Swim Lessons: We are currently wrapping up summer swim lessons. Lessons are 30 minutes and are generally scheduled on Tuesdays & Thursdays between 4:00 pm and 6:00 pm. Lesson packages can be split among children living in the same household. Lessons will be based on instructor availability.
Please call or stop in if you have questions. Space is limited.
- 2 Lessons – $70
- 4 Lessons – $130
- 6 Lessons – $180
- Group Fitness Classes: All group fitness classes are listed below! Because of space availability, we ask that all members use the Sign Up Genius links below. Due to some variations in availability of instructors, please check the dates/times carefully before signing up. Since space is limited, please call us if you cannot make it to a session. Most classes have a waiting list of people wanting to get in.
- Silver Sneakers Lost ID Card: We all lose something now and then! Just as a reminder, you can enter your name & date of birth manually on our Silver Sneakers tablet. If you need a replacement card, you can call 1-866-584-7389 to request a new one to be sent to you.
Please be patient with the Hallett Center staff as we navigate through these challenging times. We will do our absolute best to provide the most accurate information as we receive it. Thank You!
The Hallett Community Center exists to enrich the lives of the people we serve by promoting health, wellness and recreational opportunities for the region including Crosby-Ironton, Brainerd, Aitkin, Bay Lake, Garrison, in north central Minnesota.
For the more information regarding classes, activities, and programs find us on Facebook.
Call during regular business hours for information: 218-546-2616.