HALLETT CENTER UPDATES
September 8, 2021
- Walk With A Doc: The Walks are now weekly & occur every Wednesday starting at 4:30pm. Cuyuna Regional Medical Center is encouraging area residents to take a step toward better health by participating in Walk with a Doc, a health program that brings doctors and patients together to walk. Participants will gather in the Hallett Community Center parking lot for a brief introduction. Following everyone will head to the paved Cuyuna Country State Recreation Trails near the Croft Mine to walk at their own pace. The Walk is open to the community; participation is free, and no registration is required. Walkers will enjoy a refreshing and rejuvenating walk with healthcare professionals, who will provide support to participants and answer questions about exercise and nutrition during the Walk.
- Fall Youth Soccer: On September 16th, 2021 we will start Youth Soccer! Scores and statistics are not kept as the emphasis is on fun and learning. Boys and girls play equally and practice together in the spirit of sportsmanship. Children ages 5-12. More information & registration forms can be found by clicking Youth Programs
- General & Parent/Tot Swim Lessons: We have wrapped up all swim lessons for the summer and are working with our instructor’s looking forward to fall & winter.
- Living Well Health Improvement Classes: The Living Well class has now moved online! Living Well, a free, six-week health improvement class about fitness, nutrition and living a lifestyle to reduce the risk of heart disease, cancer, stroke and other serious diseases by taking steps toward wellness is being offered by Cuyuna Regional Medical Center in Crosby this Fall. The classes will take place at the Hallett Center as part of our on-going partnership with CRMC. More information & registration can be found at Living Well
- Group Fitness Classes: All group fitness classes are listed below! Because of space availability, we ask that all members use the Sign Up Genius links below. Due to some variations in availability of instructors, please check the dates/times carefully before signing up. Since space is limited, please call us if you cannot make it to a session. Most classes have a waiting list of people wanting to get in.
- Silver Sneakers Lost ID Card: We all lose something now and then! Just as a reminder, you can enter your name & date of birth manually on our Silver Sneakers tablet. If you need a replacement card, you can call 1-866-584-7389 to request a new one to be sent to you.
Please be patient with the Hallett Center staff as we navigate through these challenging times. We will do our absolute best to provide the most accurate information as we receive it. Thank You!
The Hallett Community Center exists to enrich the lives of the people we serve by promoting health, wellness and recreational opportunities for the region including Crosby-Ironton, Brainerd, Aitkin, Bay Lake, Garrison, in north central Minnesota.
For the more information regarding classes, activities, and programs find us on Facebook.
Call during regular business hours for information: 218-546-2616.